We seek to GLORIFY God by building a family of believers passionate about Him…
Our congregational life, decisions, governance, personal interactions, and ministry tasks must be measured by one high and clear standard: Does it magnify God? We envision a church…
Where people are LOVED the way they are…
God is glorified when we treat everyone as creatures made in His image and as recipients of His unconditional love. We envision a church that promotes:
- A congregation demographically reflective of the Columbus community.
- Ministries of mentoring and discipleship to and with all generations.
- An emphasis on welcoming and ministry to children and youth.
- Worship experiences that meet the needs of a diverse family of believers.
The word we use to describe this is Belonging.
URGED to become more like Christ…
God is glorified when we resemble Jesus Christ more and more in both attitude and action. We envision a church that promotes these high and clear membership expectations:
- Growth in biblical knowledge and application.
- Development of strong interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge and use of spiritual gifts.
- Prayer as a high priority.
- Stewardship of time, talent, and treasure that benefits the Kingdom of God.
- Serving others rather than being served.
The word we use to describe this is Becoming.
and EQUIPPED to share Christ in word and deed.
God is glorified when our primary focus is equipping our congregation to be a catalyst for the life-changing power of a relationship with Jesus Christ. We envision a church that promotes:
- Outreach to the Columbus community as its primary focus.
- Servant leadership in the Columbus community.
- Members making a positive spiritual impact in their own spheres of influence.
- An outreach focus in all areas of ministry.
- Attitudes and practices that promote effective equipping of the congregation.
- Enthusiastic, joyful, and fun congregational life and ministry.
- Supporting and participating in cross-cultural ministry at home and abroad.
The word we use to describe this is Building.
Everything in our church should be done to glorify God. To glorify God is to praise, enjoy, and delight in Him supremely. Our ultimate joy is to bring joy to God through the way we conduct our lives personally and corporately. When we love people the way they are, urge one another to become more like Christ, and equip ourselves to share Christ in word and deed, we build a spiritual family of believers passionate about Him. This glorifies God. Our hope is articulated in the words of Scripture itself: “Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 15:5-6 KJV).
Let us be doers of this word!